Healthy Chicken Parmigiana
•Dinners & Sides
The Chicken Parmi is an Aussie pub favourite, but the one you get from the local is probably not doing your weight any favours. Here's a simple and healthy Parmigiana recipe for you to make at home - and you can eat guilt-free!
- 1 chicken breast (approx. 150g)
- 1 slice lean ham
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt tomato paste
- ¼ cup low-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups of ‘free’ veggies or salad – fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Flatten chicken breast with your fist or mallet.
- Lightly spray a baking tray with cooking oil put chicken on tray.
- Spread tomato paste over the chicken then cover with ham.
- Sprinkle a handful of cheese over the top. Stick the tray in the oven and cook for 25–30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with side salad or veggies.