The Man Pie
Author: Adam MacDougall
Date Posted:30 May 2019
Who doesn't love a good meat pie? It's a great dinner option to throw veggies in, and great for leftovers too!
INGREDIENTS - Serves 4
- 2 carrots diced
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ red capsicum (diced)
- 500g tin pasta sauce (five brothers)
- 600g lean mince (alternative kangaroo meat is a great choice),
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry
- 1 small tin corn
- 1 small broccoli - approx 5 florets (chop up)
- 1/2C frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a pan spray a light layer of olive oil and when hot add onions, broccoli, and carrots. Once onions are brown add in mince. Stir and cook for another 5 mins on med heat or until mince is brown.
- Add capsicum, mushrooms, corn, peas.
- Add sauce and stir for 1 minute.
- Dish out mince into 4 small aluminum takeaway containers or small oven bowls (a great way to make sure you don't overeat).
- Place ¼ puff pastry sheet over the top of the mince and a dash of milk over the pastry to make golden.
- Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- reheat leftovers for next day lunch.