Slow-Cooked Chilli Beef
Author: Adam MacDougall Date Posted:4 April 2019
Dont put your life on go-slow by getting chained to the stove - simply grab a slow cooker and pass the work over to this ultimate kitchen tool.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 600g trimmed lean blade steak, cut into cubes
- 1x 400g can crushed tomatoes with paste
- 1 cup reduced salt beef stock
- 1x 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained.
1. Chuck all the ingredients except the black beans into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is very tender. Add the black beans for the last hour of cooking time. That's it, done!
Store individual portions in airtight containers and freeze for later. They'll keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.