PRAWN AND PUMPKIN PIZZA
Author: Adam Macdougall Date Posted:16 August 2017
Every bloke loves pizza. but not the fat and bloated gut that comes with it.
Well, don't worry - this man pizza special will help you pack on the muscle and not the gut.
- 1/4 Butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1 Wholemeal pizza base
- 250g raw peeled prawns
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes (about 1/3 cup), chopped
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- Get your oven preheating to 200C with a baking tray inside.
- Cook the pumpkin in a saucepan full of boiling water (or the microwave) until tender
- Drain and mash the pumpkin, cracking in a bit of salt and pepper, then spread it over your pizza base.
- Top with the prawns, spinach, and tomatoes and then follow with the cheese.
- Transfer the pizza to the hot baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked and the cheese is golden and bubbly
If you don't have time to cook and mash the pumpkin ( though trust me, it's worth your while if you can),
buy a wholemeal pizza base with sauce and just add the rest of the topping ingredients to that.
You could even chuck some chopped mushrooms on for extra vegies.