Lean Mean Sausage Rolls
Author: Adam Macdougall
Date Posted:1 August 2019
When you are trying to lose weight, it would be a fair assumption that sausage rolls would be immediately off the menu. Well, Adam is bringing them back with his Lean Mean Sausage Roll recipe!
- 2 sheets of reduced fat puff pastry
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup tomato relish
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and get the pastry sheets out of the freezer to thaw
- Combine by hand mince, onion, parsley, breadcrumbs and relish in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly into four and roll out into logs, roughly as long as the pastry sheets
- Cut the thawed pastry sheets in half and place mince logs along the edge of each piece of pastry.
- Roll your pastry over your mince mixture, so that the pastry edges join.
- Cut each roll into six pieces and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and flakey
The recipe makes 24 sausage rolls, 4 per serving.