HONEY SRIRACHA MEATBALLS
Author: Adam Macdougall Date Posted:6 May 2019
Whether you're meal prepping for the week ahead, cooking a family dinner, or planning a shared plate for entertaining, these Honey Sriracha balls of goodness are perfect for any occasion!
Don't worry, the combination of Honey and Sriracha is a sweet and spicy pairing you'll love.
- 500g Turkey Mince (You can also use Chicken mince)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200oC.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey mince, bread crumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once the mixture is combined, shape into small balls and place on baking tray spaced evenly apart.
- Bake meatballs for 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- While meatballs are in the oven, place sriracha, honey, soy sauce and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Bring sauce to a boil and whisk continuously. Once the sauce is boiling, reduce heat.
- Add corn starch to thicken the sauce and stir to combine.
- Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- When meatballs are finished, combine them with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve meatballs with rice and top with sesame seeds, if desired.
Meatballs keep for 4 days when refrigerated – Perfect for lunch meals and leftovers!