Chicken Meatball Salad
Author: Adam MacDougall Date Posted:7 October 2019
- 600 grams lean chicken mince
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cubes frozen spinach or approx 50g
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 handfuls lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 50 grams crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar dressing
- Thaw spinach in microwave (approx 30 secs).
- Put all meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Grab a handful of mince mixture and roll in your hands to make a golf ball sized meatball. The mixture should make 12 meatballs.
- Heat a frying pan and spray with oil.
- Place meatballs in the hot frying pan, cook for about 10 mins or until golden brown turning regularly.
- While meatballs are cooking make the salad
- In a bowl toss together lettuce, avocado, tomato, pine nuts, crumbled feta, and balsamic vinegar.
- Add chicken meatballs and serve
Six Meatballs Per Serve
Adam's tip: have your leftover meatballs for a meatball sandwich the next day