How to cook healthy banana bread
Author: Adam Macdougall Date Posted:15 May 2018
Beware! Banana bread sounds like a healthy alternative to a cake but the commercial varieties can be loaded with up to 64 grams of sugar and 20 grams of fat per serve.
This is the Man version - it's super high in protein and low in sugar, and you can mix it up in minutes.
- 1/2 CUP SELF-RAISING FLOUR
- 1 CUP BANANA MAN SHAKE POWDER
- 1/2 TEASPOON CINNAMON
- SMALL HANDFUL OF WALNUTS, CHOPPED
- 2 EGG WHITES
- 1 TABLESPOON BUTTER
- 1 BANANA, MASHED
- 1/4 CUP ALMOND OR SKIM MILK
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour. Man Shake powder, cinnamon, and walnuts together in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave (around 30 seconds), then chuck in the banana, milk and stir to combine.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then scrape the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until brown on top and cooked in the centre.
Stock up now so you have enough for your banana bread