CHEESE & SPINACH STEAK STACK
Author: Adam Date Posted:7 November 2016
What man doesn't love a good steak?
- 2 x Beef Fillet Steaks (500g)
- 2 thick slices of Gouda cheese
- 100g chargrilled capsicum
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- Step 1: Preheat and oven to 220 degrees, 200 fan forced
- Step 2: Cut steaks in half horizontally, making two stacks (2 bases, 2 tops). Divide each of the spinach, grilled capsicum and cheese between each steak base, season with salt and pepper, then add steak top and tie securely with kitchen string.
- Step 3: In heated lightly sprayed frying pan, cook steak stack until browned on both sides. Carefully take steak stack and move to tray and place in the oven, uncovered for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked as desired. Once removed from the oven, let it sit for 2 minutes, remove kitchen string. Great with sweet potato wedges or salad.