You can have your rice and eat it too
Author: Adam MacDougall Date Posted:13 July 2017
This is massive! For years rice has been demonised and blames for our carb bodies but with the colder weather upon us who doesn't love a bit of rice with their curry or stir fry? Everyone knows I'm all for everything in moderation including rice and the great news is studies have now shown that you can cook your rice in a certain way you can change the whole architecture of the rice and reduce your calories by up to 50%!
Unlike popular belief white rice is actually better for you than brown rice as it doesn't cause gastro stress or food allergies. Also brown rice makes it difficult to absorb important minerals and makes it difficult to digest proteins and starches.
So how do you cook rice to save up to 50% of the calories:
1. Boil water
2. Add one Teaspoon of coconut oil
3. Add 1 cup of rice per teaspoon of coconut oil
4. Cook rice for approx 20 minutes
5. this is key - let rice refridgerate for 12 hours
6. reheat and eat
The better the rice the more reduction in calories. Basmati rice is a very high quality Australian bought rice.
* Information is provided by the Study from College of chemical Aciences in Sri Lanka