WHY THE MAN SHAKE WORKS
Author: Rebecca Williams - Man Shake Nutritionist Date Posted:11 November 2014
Do shakes help men lose weight and keep it off?
The number 1 question I get asked – what is the best way to lose weight that’s convenient and easy for my busy life where I don’t eat celery sticks all day? Well there is growing evidence that the best diet is the one you can stick too. This means you need something that is simple, easy, not expensive or sees you starving yourself and using up all your will power.
This is why meal replacements are a great way to lose weight and more importantly keep it off if done correctly. So why choose meal replacements if you’re a man
- Calorie controlled meals: meal replacements take the hassle out of counting calories for up to two meals per day. A Meal replacement has approx. 210 calories compared to a move milk that has 350 calories plus 65g sugar (15 teaspoons of sugar). And no thinking about portion control!
- Convenience: meal replacements are a quick meal for us busy men on the run. Simple shake and drink whilst you drive or work and you are getting all your vitamins, minerals, fibre and a high protein drink rather then going for a fast food option, or worse still skipping a meal.
- Nutritious: meal replacements are often more nutritionally adequate, providing more Protein, vitamins and minerals than if the same amount of calories were consumed as food
- Take the pressure off thinking about food: for us men who get hungry at the thought of food or find it difficult to come up with a healthy meal, three times a day, meal replacements take the pressure off having to think about food, and better still no cooking required!
- You still get to eat and no starving: Meal replacements taken up to two meals a day still allow you to eat, and we as men still love to eat and not feel restricted! By having 2 shakes a day you can still have up to 2 meals and 2 snacks,
If your serious about losing weight meal replacements are great used in conjunction with sensible eating. At the end of the day its not about starving – it’s about changing your lifestyle to make healthier choices and meal replacements assist and are terrific for bust men on the go!
Disclaimer: The information provided here is only a guide. Readers should carefully evaluate the relevance of the information provided, and should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances. The information provided should not replace that of your general practitioner.