PORTION SIZE YOUR MEALS USING YOUR HAND
Author: Adam Date Posted:19 April 2017
So I'm sure you've all heard the saying before "eat a handful of nuts the size of your palm"
Well as a matter of fact it is true! Depending on the size of your hand, the comparisons with food will vary but here are the 5 ways you can measure food with one of your hands -
- FIST - is a portion sizing of rice, fruits or vegetables and this is measured with the size of your fist which is also measured as one cup.
- THUMB - is a portion of dairy and or peanut butter equal to 2 tablespoons.
- PALM - is a portion of protein like red meat or chicken and fish which is equal to around 100gms of meat.
- HAND - cupped is a portion of snacks like nuts or dried fruits equal to around 1/2 a cup or 30gms.
- FINGERTIP - is a portion size of good fats like avocado spread, hummus etc and is equal to around 1 teaspoon.