CONTROL YOUR CRAVINGS - TOP 10 DANGER ZONES FOR MEN
Author: Adam Macdougall Date Posted:22 August 2017
We live in a more threatening environment now than when we were being chased by saber-toothed tigers.
Now were chased by donut trucks and soft-drink manufacturers.
Be prepared for danger ahead!
1. The Supermarket - Our primal instinct is to go for sugar when we're hungry so don't shop on an empty stomach.
2. The Restaurant - People make poorer food choices if they order after someone else who has chosen a high-calorie meal. So man up and order first - set the tone of the meal.
3. The Family gathering - Check out what's on offer and once you've filled up your plate, don't go back for seconds.
4. The Pub - Remember that alcohol dehydrates you and dehydration drives hunger. So eat before you go to the pub and have at least one glass of water every beer.
5. The Footy Match - Fill your tank before you get there, or take some proper man food in with you. Avoid foods that are high in refined carbohydrates and fat.
6. The Couch, 10pm - Man Rule 6 if you know it's crap, don't keep it in your house. Chew gum to reduce the craving for sugar.
7. The Office - Take your lunch to work. You'll eat better, and save money, too. Drink plenty of water and make sure you move around.
8. The Fast-food joint - if you have to go there, think grilled, not fried and avoid refined carbs. Do not order the chips.
9. The Plane - Take your own food on long flights, keep some emergency supplies on hand. Drink plenty of water.
10. The Hotel - Make the minibar a no-go area. And if you're going to order off the in-room dining menu, look for healthy options.