7 FOODS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY & BOOST YOUR MOOD
Author: Adam MacDougall Date Posted:11 January 2017
- SALMON - omega 3’s found in salmon have been proven to boost your moods as they are filled with healthy fats and will leave your body feeling healthy and happy. Studies have shown that people who incorporated more omega 3’s in their diet were 30% less likely to develop gum disease than those who don’t have it often.
- AVOCADO - another food high in omega 3 and good fats, avocados are a great healthy alternative to spread on your sandwich instead of butter and will leave you feeling less bloated.
- DARK CHOCOLATE - we have mentioned this before and we’ll mention it again, DARK CHOCOLATE IS GOOD! It is high in magnesium which is said to calm muscles and bring on relaxation, so break off that square and relax after dinner tonight.
- GREEN TEA - if you are feeling stressed this is the right choice of tea for you. As the green leaves contain L-theanine which is an antioxidant linked to relaxation. Better yet our Man Shakes contain green tea extract so if you’re feeling stressed, have a Man Shake as well!
- GREEK YOGURT - Yogurt contains probiotics, a friendly bacteria that has been shown to ease depression. The best type of yogurt to get is the plain greek yoghurt as it is 100% sugar free and filled with calcium good for bone strength.
- BOILED EGGS - these are a great food to snack on and incorporate into your diet as eggs are also high in omega 3 and protein they not only keep you fuller for longer, but energised as well!
- BLUEBERRIES - these are high in antioxidents, fibre and will leave you feeling healthy and not tired and bloated. They are a great snack alternative to have instead of lollies or chocolate.
These are just few of the many foods that will leave your body feeling great and keep you motivated and energized on your weight loss journey!